Saturday, May 9, 2009

Step AWAY From the Clippers!

The title has nothing to do with this post. I just thought it would be a good title based on all the shenanigans with the clippers lately.

Dana suggested "Rain, Rain and More Rain" for the title and she slugged me when she saw this one. We've already had a little over 9" of rain in May. I looked at the Las Cruces totals and saw they've had 0.01" since April 1 and apparently that's about all they've had so far this year.

Everyone keeps telling us it's unusual to get this much rain in May and we've heard that this winter was colder and wetter than normal and this has been one of the worst spring seasons on record for bad weather. That means this summer will be the hottest anyone can remember. I'm not sure what the fall will bring.

The soccer games were cancelled again today for the second weekend in a row due to rain. Darn it.

Here's what our backyard looks like nowadays.

Everything is pretty and green around here. It hasn't been very hot yet so we've been enjoying the weather when we get the chance - and when the rain stops. A couple of weeks ago we took the boys to the walking path along the river again and took some pictures. Here they are:


I had Cade framed just right between the branches but Kevin rode halfway into the picture just as I took it. Oh well.


Taking a break by the river.



During our ride/walk, Cade and Cameron stopped to wait for Dana and me to catch up. For whatever reason, Cameron decided to sit on his rear tire while he waited. With a little persuasion, we got the other two to join in. To me, it looks like they're sitting on custom choppers with ape hangers. I like this shot.


Dana had some help pulling weeds in the front yard recently.



Today Cade made this planter for Dana at Lowe's and they even gave us a plant to put in it. I thought it was pretty cool. I helped get the nails started but he hammered them in. The wood has the dings and divots all over it as proof of his handiwork.

Speaking of handiwork, or not, I finally got around to making a clock for the garage. I think it's pretty cool and I've been wanting to make one like this for years. Not that anyone cares but this is the sprocket off my fo-fiddy - probably the last new dirt bike I'll ever have. sniff sniff. (I'll pause here while everyone gives a sympathetic sigh) It's hard to tell in this picture, but I used plexiglass behind the sprocket to mount the clock. I have another, smaller sprocket I want to use in the middle to cover the box but it's too thick so I have some thinkin' to do there. I'm also debating painting the plexiglass to make it easier to see the hands. It'll do for now.

1 comment:

Joann said...

Can you say --- muggy? You guys sure did a weather-180, didn't you? It sure is green, though.

Always love the pictures and stories of all of you; thanks for sharing!