Monday, December 29, 2008

Post-Christmas Catchup

I've been planning to update our blog for the last few days but I've spent most of my time on Facebook. No one told me I would get sucked into it like that. Well, okay, maybe one person tried to warn me but you should have typed it in all caps or something Kim to tell me you were serious! Dana hasn't been much help controlling my obsession because if I'm not on Facebook, she is.


So after tearing myself away for the evening, I figured I'd better post a quick (or not) blog update since I have to disassemble the computer tonight and won't be back online until sometime after our stuff arrives in Athens on Tuesday.

We had a really nice Christmas this year. My mom went with us to the Christmas Eve service at our church, then we drove around looking at lights. Kevin woke up at 4:30 Christmas morning and couldn't go back to sleep so he patiently waited, under threat of death from Dana, not to wake us up until 6:00. Right before 6, he woke up both of his brothers and marched them through the house to make sure they didn't peak at the presents first (such a good kid!) and woke us up to the children's battle cry heard 'round the world on Christmas morning. "Wake up! Wake up! Santa came! It's Christmas! Wake up!" I drug myself out of bed, started a fire, and got the camera ready to capture the carnage that is Christmas morning. Exactly 3 minutes, 12 seconds later, wrapping paper was strewn about the room, hanging from the ceiling fans, lost behind the TV, and completely carpeting the entire living room.

Later that morning, we headed to my parents house to spend the day with them. My sister and niece also came as well as my sister's new significant other, Adam. That was the first time we met him. Really nice guy. All-in-all, it was great day.

In other news, Kevin is really starting to worry about moving to Alabama. He's really going to miss his buddies here. Pray for my little buddy to help make the transition easy on him and his brothers.

Saturday, we got together with our Life Group to have a Christmas/Welcome Temporarily Home Steve (training in GA to be a US Marshall)/Goodbye Reynolds family party. Good friends those people are and we'll really miss them.

Yesterday, we had several friends stop by to visit one last time. It's hard not to wonder if I didn't make a mistake taking this job in Bama.

Today, while running errands, Cade saw a pickup pulling an empty trailer and said, "A trailer! But there's no bikes on it!" That was one of those moments in fatherhood that brings a tear of pride to my eye. What IS the point of a trailer if it isn't loaded with motorcycles? Silly people.

As I type, our house is cluttered with boxes of all sizes containing almost everything we own. The packers should finish tomorrow morning then the loaders will load the truck on Wednesday. Should take about 1/2 a day. We'll head out on Thursday afternoon and plan on arriving at our new home on Saturday. It's getting harder and more depressing to see my house emptied (and my garage!).

I'll start the picture update with the random photos of the daily mayhem in our household.


Cade thinks he's Superman jumping off the footboard of our bed. I like the grin on his face.


Here, he just finished combing his hair all by himself without being asked. Not bad. Trendy, but not bad.

Here's one of Cam at Inlow in November. I just think he looks cool except for his goober visor-less helmet. Which reminds me, I ordered a new visor in August and it still hasn't arrived!


Pretty much a normal picture of Cameron. Did you ever read Calvin & Hobbes? Remember how it was impossible to take a nice, normal picture of Calvin? He's my Calvin.


Hey look, a nice picture! This wasn't the first try though. Try to take a picture like this and you end up with several more pictures like...


This.

Cameron handing out presents on Christmas morning. That boy NEVER wears a shirt unless we make him and we're lucky we caught him with pants on in this photo.



Like big brother like little brother. Don't these kids realize it's December? Put some clothes on! Santa brought this spoiled boy an iPod Touch. Have you seen those things? Holy Cow, they're awesome! And why do the kids get all the cool stuff nowadays? I want one!


Cade loves his new toy gun!



My hottie and our youngest boy.



Cade really loves his new bicycle/video game courtesy of Pa and Tootie.

Cameron jamming out to Guitar Hero on the Wii.


And with that, we wish you all a Happy New Year. Wish us luck as we turn the page and start a new chapter in our lives!

3 comments:

Kim for the Kings said...

Yeah, I guess I could have made it clearer... LOL! :) I DID say that you'd be SUCKED IN. That's something! Dana and I had a nice wall-to-wall chat last night when neither of us could sleep though, so I'm thrilled you two are my facebook friends.

Praying for you through the transition. I look forward to seeing how God provides and exceeds your expectations in Alabama...even if it takes a while to see that's what He's doing.

Joann said...

Sending you off with many prayers and much love! (Thanks for the stories, pictures, and laughs.)

The Wells Family-Jason, Gwen, Paige, and Lane said...

Thanks for the update!

I just joined Facebook, and a friend of mine said that she sets a timer so that she won't be on there forever! I think I'll have to do the same thing when I go back to work in a few days. It is WAY too easy to spend an entire hour on the thing!

You're in our prayers! When do the boys start school?