Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Home Sweet Home

I made it back to Mexico! New Mexico, whatever. According to my fellow Alabamanese (?) it's all the same. It sure is good to be able to see the horizon and mountains again! And my garage!!! Geez, I'm going to miss this house.

I came home last Thursday to spend Christmas here and then we'll all be getting ready to make the move on January 1. In the meantime, I keep telling Dana I'm on vacation but she's still making me work and do all kinds of hard stuff around the house. What's up with that?
The boys had a Christmas singing performance on Friday to wrap up their school for this year. My parents were even able to go watch. That's the first time my dad has been able to go to one of those. After their performance was over, Dana and I went to each of the boys' classrooms for a few minutes and took their pictures with some of their friends.
Here are some pictures of Cameron and his friends:

And Kevin with his buddies:
This obviously isn't at school, but here is another of Kevin's best friend.
My best friend came to visit from Silver City on Saturday. It's been awhile since I've seen him so I enjoyed the opportunity to talk to him and his family and I really appreciated his effort to come see us before we left town. I met that guy back in 2nd grade and we've been best friends ever since.

When Dana isn't working us to death around the house (clean your room, do the dishes (cracks the whip), dust EVERYTHING! and don't make too much noise because I'm trying to relax on the couch with my container of bon-bons!) we've just been hanging around the house not doing much of anything. It's been pretty nice. We had most of our Christmas shopping done fairly early so we didn't have too much of a last minute panic like we usually do. Unfortunately, the weather hasn't been very good. It was really windy and nasty yesterday so we hid indoors all day.
I saw Jennifer's e-mail to Dana suggesting she sign up with Facebook. Neither of us had ever even looked at that website before so I figured I'd be the guinea pig and sign up. I'm all set up and Dana made half an effort to sign up but now we don't know what we're supposed to do. I did make Dana accept me as a friend though so I now have ONE friend. Actually, I accepted me for her because I knew her password. Shhhh! She doesn't have any friends yet. I'm not sure if I should brag about having more friends than her or if I should be upset with her for not asking me, her own husband, to be her friend.
These next few pictures were taken back in November.



The Wiles family all got together (w/o ME!) at Inlow for Thanksgiving. Seeing all these kids on dirt bikes (and ATV) brings a tear of joy to my eyes!

Papa, Galena, Dana and the boys









I just took this one a few days ago. Cade has been wearing these goggles everywhere.
Cade is my little helper in the garage. Notice, the boy who owns this bike is no where to be seen.

1 comment:

Kim for the Kings said...

Oh watch out now. Before you know it you will be completely sucked in to facebook, and you'll be telling everyone about the gradeschool friends and college pals you reconnect with through the thing! :) Greg and I will friend you!