Monday, October 13, 2008

Busy Weekend

Alright, alright, I know everyone wants to know about the job in Huntsville. Well, I received the new offer package and... You'll have to wait until the end of the blog to find out what I did with it. I know. I've sunk to a new low in order to direct traffic to our blog.

First, we need to talk about Cade's birthday! My boy turned 3 on Sunday but we celebrated on Saturday. That really messed him up too. Every time I tried to tell him "happy birthday" on his actual birthday he kept telling me it wasn't his birthday anymore. Several of our friends from Life Group came to his party as well as Papa and Pa and Tootie. We rented a bouncing balloon with a slide for the kids to play in - and let me tell you, that thing was a blast! Um, I mean, that's what the kids told me anyway.
These kids are responsible for what had to be the worst rendition of "happy birthday" ever in the history of ever. But they had fun singing it at the top of their lungs and Cade had fun getting the attention.

Putting a hurting on ol' Pablo.
Presents!


Bubbles ALWAYS make good presents.



Not a birthday picture, but it's cute enough to include. Cade had the great idea of taking a balloon into the bath with him.

Here are some of the pictures from his party and of us playing on the bouncing balloon.

The Man of the Hour.
It looks bad, but Cade is actually giggling here. Funny picture!
Can't just go down the slide like normal people, can we?
Dana got in on the action too.
After tiring of sliding down, we had the idea to try to take one bounce and jump to the top. Superman!

Superwoman.
Iron Man! Or, maybe Iron Cam.
I never knew Iron Man had long hair.


This is my favorite shot. Kevin looks like he's hovering.
This weekend I also taught Cameron a magic trick. Watch the video and tell us what you think.


Continuing with the reverse chronological order of things, Cameron's class had a field trip to the local corn maze on Thursday. Dana, Cade and I all went with him. Here are some pictures of that.

Another free pumpkin. We now have 7.



Say Cheese!


"Driving" the tractor.


Gotta see how tall they are.

And, finally, I talked to the HR lady in Huntsville on Thursday and accepted their offer. My heart is doing flip flops even as I write that. My new boss called later that day to discuss a start date. He wanted me there ASAP and I was hoping to push it back as far as possible because the holidays are rapidly approaching. As it turned out, we settled on November 24 (or 25th, whatever that Monday is). Yep, that's 3 days before Thanksgiving. I'll be all alone on Thanksgiving. Empty house, just me. I also can't cook so I guess I'll buy a Turkey Hungry Man dinner for myself. Bleh. But, at least I'll be home for Christmas!

It's starting to sink in - slowly. But things are already moving fast. We have a realtor lined up already. I spent all day today doing the things to the house that I've been putting off for the last 2-1/2 years so we can get it ready to sell. It looks nice too. I wish I'd done that when we moved in. I guess I only have 6 more weeks to enjoy it (as well as my nice, big house and huge garage). I guess the bright side is that I'll have lots more fodder for the blog for quite some time.

Thank you all for your kind words and prayers during this exciting time.

4 comments:

Joann said...

Blessings on your move and all that goes into that for each of you! As always, thanks for the fun pictures and stories. (You're a pretty good magician!)

Earl and Lois said...

Thanks for the nice show of pictures and explanations of each one. Special to us are the shots of Dana as a kid and as Superwoman. Great show, Dana.
We really give you guys our prayers that your move to Huntsville turns out good now and in the future.
Our love to all of you.

Kim for the Kings said...

Excited for the changes ahead for you! Thanks for sharing with us and allowing us to be part of the process through prayers and celebration! I can't wait to read more about it as you progress.

LOVED all the pictures! Wish we lived close and could have joined in all the weekend fun!

Jennifer @ Diving In said...

Thanks a ton, Mike. Now I have "Ironman" in my head over and over. Of course, the kids' version is "I am ice cream man, running over kids in my ice cream van." That helps.