Sunday, August 10, 2008

Summer's End

Doggone it. Summer vacation is officially over. School starts tomorrow. As always, we didn't do half of what we wanted to do this year but we've been cramming trying to get just a little more in right at the end.



I don't have any pictures as cool as what I posted last time (did I mention I sat in the Commander's seat of Atlantis?) so you'll have to bear with me as we slog through our latest update.




Rain is a rare occurrence around here. The boys try to take advantage of it when they can.





Speaking of taking advantage of... Shouldn't the little brother be getting a ride from the big brother?






We borrowed my parents' boat and hit the lake this weekend (Friday actually). The weather was terrific, there was little boat traffic and the lake was calm. Cade started to cry when I started swerving back and forth in the boat until I let him sit in my lap and steer. Then he was giggling like Elmo as we swerved our way up and down the lake.







My boys and me.





Building a sand castle.






The boys and I spent all afternoon on Sunday riding. And goofing around with the camera.


Like Cameron's helmet? He broke the visor a week or two ago and now he has that goon look.



Kevin is slowly getting better and better on his KX. I found a little jump that he likes to do over and over.






Check these out! Kevin took them. He's a natural with a camera.






He even got the crash-in-progress shot.





The rain does wonders for the desert.





Honey, I shrunk our kid.



"I'm gonna pound him!"






Poor Cameron had a rough weekend. He asked me to take this photo to show his wounds. Here's a quick rundown: 1) Chest wound (wound sounds more dramatic than scratch) due to falling on the boat trailer 2) Elbow wound due to eating dirt while out riding 3) Side wound due to little brother playing with and throwing a motorcycle.

4 comments:

Joann said...

I think it's official. Mike needs his own Atlantis for Christmas! Have fun Christmas shopping, Dana.

Thanks for the fun opdate!

Mike & Dana said...

I think a space shuttle might be a little out of our price range Aunt Jo..... :0)
Maybe Mike can keep an eye on EBAY.

Kim for the Kings said...

Impressive pictures! I always love reading your posts, Mike! And we're thankful to be able to stay in touch with you five a little even though we rarely are able to get together in person. I can't remember if I commented on your time in Florida, but that was absolutely amazing!

Jennifer @ Diving In said...

If Mike gets his own Atlantis for Christmas, can Luke have a ride? I'll just watch, thanks.

And ditto on the summer going by too fast thing.